Launching Gusto's sophisticated restaurant brand in the East Midlands.
Gusto opened its 16th UK restaurant in West Bridgford – marking a first for the brand in the East Midlands.
Cartwright Communications was appointed to help manage Gusto’s West Bridgford restaurant launch, owing to the team’s expertise in the food and drink sector and in-depth knowledge of the city’s foodie culture.
1. Promote Gusto’s sophisticated restaurant brand in Nottingham, creating a buzz in the run-up to and after the opening
2. Encouraging bookings, and sign-ups to the newsletter through call to action in PR activity
3. Target VIPs within Gusto’s key demographics to attend the VIP night
4. Provide launch event support including pre, during and post-event activity
5. Generate media coverage across consumer, business and local news titles and engage bloggers to undertake reviews
6. Fill five sittings of soft launches in run up to opening for staff training and awareness raising
- Project PR plan to manage regional/ trade comms.
- Created a targeted database of media and contacts for the event
- Managed the distribution of VIP night invitation via Mailchimp
- Management of RSVPs (via email) & guest list
- Provided soft launch bookings for 5 x sittings
- Booking & management of professional photographer – first look and VIP night
- Press releases issued to local, regional & national press and feature editorial drafted
- Event press call issued
- First look photography with Nottingham Post. Notts Local News, West Bridgford Wire
- Blogger engagement & organising food reviews
- Flyering in West Bridgford area
• 42 pieces of coverage achieved across regional and trade titles
• Advertising value equivalent of more than £30,700
• Event attended by more than 500 people including:
- Influential media titles
- Business community
- Young professional
• Feedback that table bookings exceeded expectations
• Cartwright has since been appointed to manage the launch of Gusto restaurants in York and Chislehurst
“Thank you and the rest of the team for such an awesome opening in West Bridgford, it has been the most successful so far!”
- Tony Griffiths, operations director at Gusto
“The media coverage was amazing and I want more of it for all our sites in the future and none of the PR companies we have used in the past has ever given me an evaluation report. I can’t wait to show it to the board.”
- Sue Crimes, managing director at Gusto