Raising the show's profile both regionally and nationally and help to increase visitor numbers.
The aims of the project were to:
- Create a buzz around the Nottinghamshire County Show online and offline and target local media – specifically broadcast.
- Attract more people to attend the show by increasing pre-ticket and on the day ticket sales.
- To assist in attracting families and younger people to the show.
- Reinforce the Nottinghamshire County Show as one of the most exciting, family friendly and accessible county shows of the year.
- Attract more media to the Nottinghamshire County Show
- Six-month PR campaign developed and agreed with the Nottinghamshire County Show.
- Regular programme of press releases, features and case studies issued to target national, regional and trade media.
- Target national country, lifestyle and trade media.
- On-site PR and comms support throughout the show including setting up interviews with key media, liaising with all partners as well as social media support and production of short video clips to promote the show.
- Most successful show to date with visitor numbers increasing by 5% - a total of 21,000 visitors through the gates across the two day event.
- Media coverage achieved across key national and regional target media including Woman’s Weekly, Farming UK, ITV News, Your Horse, The Times and Horse and Hound.
- From March to May, we achieved 237 clippings in print, online and broadcast media. This was a 196% increase in the amount of media coverage compared to 2015.
- 38% increase in press attendance across the two days on 2015.
- Audience reach of 27,800 on Twitter over the two days.
- 94 new followers on Twitter in May, 26 more than last year.
- Media coverage achieved across key local media including Nottingham Post, BBC Radio Nottingham and Notts TV with a combined audience reach of over 1,267,385.
- 8% increase in press attendance across the two days in 2016 on 2015.
- Cartwright retained as agency for 2017 Nottinghamshire County Show.
“Please accept this as a sincere thank you for the work Cartwright Communications has done for the Society Shows here at Newark Showground and in particular the Nottinghamshire County Show. My brief to you was to raise the profile as well as the reputation and over the past two shows we have certainly achieved that. 2016 saw so many more families attending and I feel that was a response to all the hard work and targeted PR produced by yourselves.
“It has been a pleasure to work with you this year, your professionalism and attention to detail has been greatly appreciated and I know that any brief given will always be carried out successfully.”
Jayne Olney, Newark Showground Manager 2016.