Engaging with stakeholders and investors to secure the future of Gainsborough.
The deindustrialisation of Gainsborough continues to impact the collective confidence of locals, negatively effecting its growth. Cartwright Communications was brought on board to help West Lindsey District Council fight this perception in a bid to revitalise the town, attract new business, and build a thriving commuter base as part of its Invest Gainsborough project.
The PR and communications strategy focussed on the development of an essential suite of marketing materials. These central marketing assets supported a multi-channel PR campaign that covered print and social media.
Cartwright utilised this awareness raising activity to engage with investors, developers, house builders, and architects from across the UK at a crucial stakeholder event that would decide the project’s future.
The result was a PR campaign that not only successfully grabbed headlines, but used different types of content to drive serious investor interest in Gainsborough and the planned £18million regeneration.
• The design and content for a 24-page investor prospectus.
• The development, filming, and editing of a three minute video featuring key stakeholders attesting to the value of Gainsborough.
• Awareness of the Invest Gainsborough objectives through 98 media articles in key titles including Estates Gazette, Property Week, Property Investor Today, Midlands Insider, East Midlands Business Desk, Lincolnshire Echo, and ITV Yorkshire.
• An audience of more than 12 million reached.
• An average of more than 20,000 impressions a month on Twitter.
• The delivery and management of an oversubscribed investor event oversubscribed.
“The most important business event to ever take place in Gainsborough.” Steve Gelder, CEO Gelder Group
“We’ve now got genuine interest from developers and investors who want to have a piece of the action in Gainsborough.
“Without Cartwright Communications we wouldn’t be where we are now. You’ve more than done your job and we’re still getting positive feedback from the event.”
Di Krochmal, Housing Zone Programme Manager, West Lindsey District Council