Church Farm Care: Putting excellent care in the headlines
Maximising strong regional and national media relationships to highlight the exceptionally high standard of care at Church Farm Care.
After working with Church Farm Care for less than a month, Cartwright Communications spotted huge potential in a story from its Skylarks home – thanks to the intensive care experience and swift action of its head of nursing, 13 patients recovered from COVID-19. The team leveraged its excellent national media relationships for quick, high-impact results.
A key target of the PR plan was to reflect Church Farm Care’s exceedingly high standard of care on a regional and national level. The amazing story of patient recovery, and the quick and decisive actions of head of nursing Maria Spollin, were the ideal way to bring this messaging to life.
Cartwright leveraged its existing media relationships as well as maximising the changed interests and working style of journalists during the COVID-19 lockdown.
This intensive media relations strategy was backed by a drive to boost Church Farm Care’s social media channels with content that illustrated its key messages, alongside the central story of Maria and the 13 recovered patients.
- Coverage of the story in 21 national publications (print and online versions) including BBC Online, UniLAD, The Times, and LBC with a total reach of 17,360,501. Plus, interest being progressed with CNN and Sky News for contribution to documentary pieces
- 11 regional pieces of coverage including ITV Central and two trade articles in key care publications
- A ten-minute live interview on Good Morning Britain with its subsequent Twitter post viewed over 14,600 times in under two weeks
- A 55% increase in Facebook page views in April alone, increased engagement, followers, and positive recommendations
- Direct service enquiries and leads received via Facebook
"We were thrilled to receive such widespread national attention in such a short space of time. It’s been great recognition of our own fantastic team and the challenges they’ve risen to during the coronavirus pandemic."
Church Farm Care
The importance of media relations
Cartwright Communications was engaged to deliver media relations and social media activity for Church Farm Care to help promote the excellent care it provides across its four specialist dementia homes.